You are here

iVillage's Parent Soup Section on Adoption Central

To Contact Your U.S. Members of Congress

Find your legislators online:


Call the U.S. Capitol Switch Board to Connect with your legislators office by phone:
(202) 224-3121
A switchboard operator with connect you directly with the legislator’s office that you request

To Contact Colorado’s State Legislators (Senators and Representatives):


The Getting Started Adoption Kit
The topics on this site include:

  • Are You Ready to Adopt?
  • What Kinds of Children are Available?
  • Is Transracial Adoption Right for You?
  • How to Organize Your Adoption Process
  • Find Your State’s Adoption Resources and Laws
  • Choosing an Adoption Agency
  • How to Choose an Adoption Attorney
  • How Much Does it Cost to Adopt?
  • Financing Your Adoption
  • Adoptions in the U.S.
  • Country-by-Country Information for International Adoption