You are here

UHCCF Grants for Child Health Care Services

To Contact Your U.S. Members of Congress

Find your legislators online:


Call the U.S. Capitol Switch Board to Connect with your legislators office by phone:
(202) 224-3121
A switchboard operator with connect you directly with the legislator’s office that you request

To Contact Colorado’s State Legislators (Senators and Representatives):


Children who have medical needs are sometimes under-insured for all of their medical treatments. The United Healthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF) provides grants to families to help pay for child health care services such as speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy sessions, prescriptions, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs and eyeglasses. Parents and legal guardians may apply for grants of up to $5,000 each for child medical services and equipment by completing an online application at the UHCCF web site. If a grant is approved for the child, the grant will help pay for approved medical services/items after the child’s commercial health benefit plan submits payment for services provided, if any. The grant funds are not paid to the parent or child directly – invoices/bills are submitted to UHCCF for approved medical services/items after the commercial health benefit plan submits initial payment (if any) to the health care provider.

In January 2006, the United Healthcare Children's Foundation was expanded to all 50 states. To be eligible for a grant, children must be 16 years of age or younger. For more information, go to: